From around the globe and around the corner, students flourish here
At last count, Dalhousie hosts approximately 19,000 full- and part-time students. Our campus reflects a diverse mix of students from many different backgrounds.
Read about some of the incredible things our students are accomplishing on the Dal News site.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
– Amina Abawajy, Informatics and International Development Studies student; Student Union president, 2017-18
Where do our students come from?
- A quarter are from Nova Scotia
- The others come from locations across Canada and around the world.
- Dalhousie hosts nearly 4,000 international students from more than 115 countries.
Our students are a smart bunch:
- The average entering grade of first-year students is 87.6%.
- Dalhousie boasts 91 Rhodes Scholars, far more than any other university in the region. Our most recent Rhodes Scholar (2018), is Mechanical Engineering co-op student Nayani Jensen.
- In 2018-19, 103 Dalhousie varsity athletes were recognized as Academic All-Canadians.
- Our students rank 5th nationally for the number of academic awards they win (5.9/1,000).
- 1,400 first-year students received entrance awards (2016).
When our students graduate, they join our over 135,000 Dalhousie alumni. Check out what our alumni are up to on the Alumni website.