Making a Payment
Your Account Detail by Term on Dal Online will provide you with current details of your account, including the amount owing, payment history and account activity by term.
All student account information is considered confidential and access to the account by a third party (i.e. parents or suporters) must be authorized by the student.
Paying your tuition
Payment options available:
If you have a Canadian bank account you can pay your tuition online using the bill payment functionality of your internet banking. To do this you will need to:
- Sign in to your online banking.
- Add "DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY" as a bill payee.
- The account/customer number is your student ID (B00xxxxxx).
Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
Telebanking and Internet Banking can be set up with Scotiabank, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, BMO, HSBC, Tangerine Bank, National Bank, Royal Bank and Atlantic Canada Credit Unions if you subscribe to their directed payment program.
Please note: We cannot accept Interac e-transfers.
In-person payments may be made at:
Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building, Student Accounts, Room 29
Student Service Center, Main Floor Building B
Enrollment Services Centre
Cox Institute, Room 100
21 Cox Road
University of King's College (King's students)
King's Student Accounts Office
6350 Coburg Rd.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.- 4p.m AST
Payments by mail:
Room 29, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building
6299 South Street, PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Please note: Cheques and money orders should be made payable to Dalhousie University.
International payments may be sent through GlobalPay for students by Western Union. Money transferred to a student’s account should not exceed the annual charges associated with tuition and ancillary fees. All additional funds will be held on Account for future fees.
Student Accounts only accepts credit card payments for:
- Application fees
- Admission deposits
- Residence confirmation deposits
- Medicine interview fee
- Law interview fee
- Commerce supplementary examination fee
Please note: It could take up to 2 business days for the payment to be credited to your account.
Other forms of payment
- Student loans may not be used to pay the $200.00 admission deposit.
- Bursaries may be used for payment on your account.
- Scholarships and waivers: Documentation is required by September 18, 2020 for the fall term and January 15, 2021 for the winter term.
- Third party billing: Forms must be completed each year and submitted prior to the due date.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.