Card Lost or Not Working?
How to replace your DalCard
My DalCard was lost or stolen
If you lost your DalCard or it has been stolen, you must:
- log in to MyDalCard to temporarily de-activate your DalCard (do this yourself any time)
- contact the DalCard Office when we are open, OR contact Dalhousie Security when we are closed to report your card lost or stolen
I found my DalCard
If you find your card, you can contact the DalCard Office to have your card re-activated. Once a new DalCard has been issued, your old DalCard is invalid and can not be re-activated.
I need a new DalCard
Visit the DalCard Office to get a replacement DalCard.
- $15 to replace your DalCard
- $15 to replace your UPass sticker
- Dal Dollars, debit, credit, cash
You can't pay using your student account. This is for tuition, meal plans and residence fees.
My DalCard doesn't work
If your DalCard isn't working, bring it to the DalCard Office and we will help you resolve the issue. Cards that are cared for properly will last for several years.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Horizontal wear on the magnetic stripe
- Horizontal breakage of the card along the magnetic stripe
A $15 replacement fee will be charged for cards that have become damaged due to misuse or improper care. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Vertical/horizontal gouges or scratches on magnetic stripe
- Vertical wear on the magnetic stripe
- Bent or curling cards or cards with chipped corners
- Vertical break of card or ragged vertical/horizontal break
- Abnormal marks including teeth marks and key scratches
- Equipment damage (such as from a washer or dryer)
Punching a hole in your DalCard will damage it and may result in your card malfunctioning. You can purchase card holders at the Bookstore.
It costs $15 to replace a DalCard that has been damaged. If your DalCard account has expired and you are starting a new program at Dalhousie, you will not be charged a fee to replace your old DalCard.