Near or far, we're here for you...
While the residence office is currently closed due to COVID-19, our team is still here to help!
For any residence-related inquiries, please email email@example.com and we will respond as soon as we can.
We're working hard to make sure our residence spaces are clean and disinfected regularly. Watch for more details on our enhanced cleaning protocols and social distancing measures to help keep you and our staff safe this fall.
Move In Dates - Fall 2020
July 8, 2020
Move in dates for Fall 2020 will be as follows:
- Halifax Campus: September 2 - 5, 2020
- Truro Campus: September 3 - 5, 2020
More details on move in will be posted as they are available. Please check your Dal email frequently for important updates on move in.
Update on the status of residence room offers
June 30, 2020
If you have an active residence application for Fall 2020, the residence office has begun the process of sending important updates to your Dal email. Make sure you check frequently for updates and read the information carefully. If you have not received any information yet, please keep checking your Dal email and thank you for your patience!
If you received a room offer on June 30, the deadline to accept your room offer and pay your $500 room confirmation deposit is July 10, 2020.
Please note, in accordance with current public health guidelines, a number of enhanced safety measures are being introduced to safeguard your health and safety while living in residence. These are outlined in your room offer and include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
- You may need to self-isolate: As of June 30, the current provincial health guidelines require that anyone travelling to Nova Scotia from outside Atlantic Canada has to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival. More details about how we will manage self-isolation will be sent once they have been finalized.
- Stay informed: Public health guidelines change as needed to meet the current situation. We will do our best to keep you informed on what these changes mean for you, but it's strongly advised that you educate yourself about the latest public health restrictions in place locally and nationally. Please consult these websites regularly for the most current health and safety rules as they pertain to domestic and international students:
- Designated dining halls: The Halifax Campus is home of four dining halls. We normally encourage residents to try different dining halls as each one offers a slightly different experience. However, this year you will be limited to only your assigned dining hall
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Expect to hear from our Reslife Team: Upon accepting your room offer, a member of our ResLife Team will call you. They will review the new restrictions that everyone will need to follow while living in residence. In the meantime, visit our Rules & Responsibilities page to view our Residence Code of Conduct and the enhanced restrictions found in the appendix.
- Room assignments: In accordance with public health protocols, only single rooms will be available this fall. Please see our current residence rates for Halifax and Truro. Also, given the high demand for residence space this year, it may be necessary for some room assignments to change.
- Be patient: We are doing our best to serve you during these challenging and unprecedented times. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to this new reality. We are all in this together.
Thank you to those who applied to stay with us. If your plans have changed and you are looking to withdraw your application for residence, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please contact us by email if you have any questions:
For more information on specific updates to residence due to COVID-19, please visit the sections below.
Make sure to check back often, as information may change. Please check your Dal email frequently as well for updates and communications from the Dal Residence Office.