How to order university stationery
Design Services prepares files to print business cards, letterhead, memo sheets and all sizes of envelopes with the Dalhousie University logo on it.
Sample layouts can be found under Stationery [PDF-369kB] in the Dalhousie brand guide.
- Design Services bills at a standard rate of $40 per hour to prepare university stationery files.
- Print costs, however, are charged separately. Get a quote on print prices for various quantities of stationary from the Dalhousie Print Centre, 494-6428, or email@example.com.
- All fees are charged against university account numbers.
Please include the following information in your request:
- Your contact information and the university account number for billing.
- Delivery date required.
- Quantity requested for each item.
- Contact information: Include the name, address and contact information you wish to appear on the items requested, with the following notes:
- Stationery items for academic departments and programs always include the name of the Faculty.
- Institutional mailing address: PO Box 15000, Halifax NS B3H 4R2 Canada. Tip: We advise that stationery items also include an address for your physical location (ie, building name, room number and civic address).
- Bear in mind that space is limited in the contact area on standard stationery items.
- Only Dalhousie e-mail addresses and Dalhousie URLs are permitted on university stationery.
- It takes 7-10 working days to complete all the steps of a stationery order (file preparation, proofing and approval by client, printing and delivery).
- Business cards can very often be supplied in 2 - 3 working days to meet an unanticipated departure date or scheduled event.
Files for re-print
- Once your items have been submitted for print, Design Services sends you stationery master files as pdfs for your records.
- To order re-prints: If there are no changes to stationery items, these files may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the quantity, your account number and the requested delivery date.
Student business cards
Students who want to order university business cards must provide us with the following information:
- Written authorization from Dean or Department Chair (email is best)
- Date required (event or departure date)
- Information for card (name, department, addresses, contact info etc), with the following notes:
- University program/Field of Study/Degree expected: must not use the word "Candidate"; "Student" is preferred , i.e. MSc Student, PhD Student
- Must state a year of validity for the card: this is always the current academic year, written as shown: 2011/2012 Academic Year. Cards need to be updated and re-ordered for use each academic year. Dalhousie student cards cannot list an anticipated graduation date.
- Degrees held. We can only list degrees granted by Dalhousie, not other institutions.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Student business cards need approval from the Dal Legal Department and Dal Registrar's Office. We handle these steps on the student's behalf. These approvals can take up to 10 days.