The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
In February 2015, WHMIS was modified to align with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for classifying and labeling chemicals known as WHMIS 2015.
A Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System course is required if you work with or around chemicals. Individuals who have not yet received the new WHMIS 2015 training must enroll in the course. This course is available online through the College of Continuing Education. The new online training course will provide an easy to follow comparison between WHMIS 1988 and 2015.
- Proceed to the Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education website.
- Scroll down and click on the yellow 'Login into SharePoint' icon.
- At this point you will see a registration document. Print this and follow the directions completely.
- You will receive an e-mail from the College of Continuing Education within three business days that you have been added to the Brightspace WHMIS course. You can then begin your training.
- Once you have passed the final quiz, you will receive a Letter of Completion via e-mail within three business days.
Following the completion of WHMIS training, it is strongly recommended that individuals undergo refresher training every three years.