Employee Sustainability Leadership Program
The Employee Sustainability Leadership Program (ESLP) is designed for university employees. The program is organized into modules. Each module introduces participants to key sustainability topics and provides an opportunity to discuss campus sustainability issues. Experiential and adult education principles are used in the program design including hands-on-tours.
The modules are non-credit courses that are taught by Office of Sustainability employees and guest speakers. The practical component of the program provides participants with an opportunity to put into practice newly understood concepts and techniques by implementing a project and receiving peer feedback.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Increase understanding of sustainability concepts of procurement, transportation, energy and water management, biodiversity, greenhouses gases, and waste diversion;
- Increase understanding of regulatory and policy obligations;
- Increase awareness of relevant green building programs and standards;
- Increase awareness of relevant Dalhousie and external resources;
- Enhance sustainability related decision-making skills;
- Identify potential projects and immediate actions;
- Increase sustainability behaviours at Dalhousie.
Employee Sustainability Leadership Program Modules
Modules 1-3: Introduction to Sustainability; Sustainable Procurement; Green Building Management *Includes sustainability green building tour
Modules 4-6: Waste Management; Being a Sustainability Leader; Transportation Demand Management *Includes waste management tour
A 10-20 hour on campus sustainability project is required. Sample project ideas are provided along with a template to fill out that identifies what the project aims to address, what was done, what worked well, and what could be improved. Participants can choose their own project areas. Participants will make final presentations to their peers at a wrap-up celebration session. Projects can be undertaken as individuals or in a group.
Lunch and refreshments are provided for both days. The Office of Sustainability will provide carpooling/travel logistical scheduling and support to registered participants. Registration is required, through the Human Resources Events Calendar.