Today@Dal» Go to news main
New Tri‑Agency Guide
The Tri-Agency (NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC) is initiating changes with the intention to reduce the administrative burden on the use of grant funds. Dalhousie is one of twelve institutions participating in the pilot phase of this initiative known as the "Renewal of the Financial Administration Guide
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The New Tri-Agency Guide will focus on principles rather than rules for research grants and clarify the accountability of stakeholders in research (including the Tri-Agency, institutions and researchers). The New Guide will place an increased reliance on the financial policies and controls of the administering institution.
Under the New Guide, Tri-Agency grant funds will be governed by four principles:
1. Appropriate use of grant funds:
Grant expenditures must:
- Contribute towards the direct costs of the research/research activities
- Not normally be provided by the administering institution to their research personnel
- Be effective and economical
- Not result in personal gain
2. Authority to use grant funds – only grant recipients or their delegates can authorize grant expenditures
3. Oversight of use of grant funds – institutions are responsible to establish and apply policies, procedures and controls for appropriate use of grant funds
4. Reporting and supporting evidence – grant recipient/administering institution must keep complete and accurate records and report on the use of grant funds.
For more information, or questions/feedback, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Postings
- Most overdue library fines have been eliminated
- Scheduled Steam Shutdown REMINDER
- Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Chemistry
- Wellness webinars on demand
- Online research study opportunity
- Campus‑wide steam shutdown
- Online Parent Check‑In meeting, July 9